BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST, INDUSTRIAL BUSINESS ZONES
This role will require the individual to support and encourage business growth and development by helping businesses access various financial and business incentives and/or assistance programs. A working knowledge of available services and cross-marketing with multiple SoBro Business Development programs and external service providers is essential. Manage new and existing client relationships as well as proactively identify and implement new business opportunities.
Assist businesses to access business services including loan packaging, incentives, energy upgrades, real estate, M/WBE certification, procurement, management, navigating government, recruitment and training, etc. and provide one-on-one technical assistance.
- Provide counseling/technical assistance to start up and existing business owners via analyzing business plans, assisting in preparing simple and realistic financial projections, accessing governmental services, obtaining permits and licenses and referring clients to linkage partners/service vendors when necessary.
- Develop and implement an annual strategic plan for the program and ensure industrial business services are delivered in accordance with contract policies and regulations.
- Market industrial program and its services to new and existing businesses through direct outreach activities.
- Organize business seminars and events and attend community board and steering committee meetings.
- Establish relationships with government and non-profit agencies relating to industrial business issues
- Advocate annually to city officials regarding funding for Industrial Zones
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Fluency in Spanish and English Required.
- Drivers’ License
- Understands city, state, and federal processes
- Active interest in identifying and serving the needs of industrial businesses.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to prioritize work tasks and work under tight schedules.
- Knowledge of business principles and issues facing local business owners.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to listen critically to identify needs and solve problems.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word, Excel.
- BA/BS in business related course of study, related course of study i.e. urban planning/studies, economics, public administration or a combination of course work and equivalent business experience.
To Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicate in the subject line Business Development Specialist. Interviews will continue until the position is filled.